Monday, August 27, 2012

Huntus Interuptus

The Tmberwolves have recently begun increasing their production of Archangel dust, but haven't been pushing it on the general public. Instead they seem to be dealing it mainly to Mame's gang of Proxies, mostly to those in leadership positions. Took the time to follow one of their members today, a newly recruited young punk. I figured it would be easier to get him to spill what he knew before sending him to become one with his boss in a tight snugly embrace and decide if I needed to track down someone higher up to get more information. Unfortunately as I was coming up behind him in the alley and reaching into my jacket for my knife someone, a civilian I think, turned down the alley in their car. Caught me full in their head lights. Had to get out quick to avoid being caught. Good thing I had my motorcycle helmet on with the visor down. Don't need my face getting known.

Damn it, the Puppies are going to be more on guard now, harder to catch alone.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading this blog for quite some time now, ever since I flew away.

    I just would like to point out something...

    You say that this 'punk' was young. Presumably impressionable, if I'm thinking about the right age. You could have attempted to snap him to his senses rather than kill him.

    There are times when I wonder if you have as much humanity as you say you do.

    Once upon a time, I didn't care, either. I lay asleep at night considering running instead of staying to face my problems. That would have killed tons of people.

    But then I looked at a monster and I saw myself in her, and I decided to change.

    When will you start caring about lives, and stop caring about who serves who, rather than their intentions, their stories? For every mindless killer there's a person afraid, a person who fears. You could be killing someone who didn't do enough to deserve that.

    But I digress.

    I hope you do not die.

    ReplyDelete